Monday, August 8, 2011

FREE Bowling!

My four year old loves bowling. I mean, he LOVES bowling. His dad took him when he was about two years old to the (now dilapidated and closed) Crestview Lanes on Manzanita and he was hooked.

We now have about a dozen (NOT an exaggeration!) different bowling sets at home. Large sets, small sets, even smaller sets. Plastic sets, foam sets, you name it, we have it.

And it doesn't stop there. He bowls with water bottles. He bowls with blocks. He bowls with shampoo bottles. Yep, he's pretty extreme.

He recently answered his uncle's, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" question with, "Professional Bowler!" Wow. A professional bowler. All I could think of was B-O-R-I-N-G. But he'll have at least one fan - my dad. I swear he is the only person on the planet that watches bowling on TV.

So, needless to say, when I saw the advertisement for free bowling in a recent parenting magazine, I was all in. Fireside Lanes in Citrus Heights as well as some of the AMF locations throughout the Sacramento area are participating. Sign up your kiddo and he/she can bowl for free! You just have to pay for shoe rental. Such a deal!

Kids Bowl Free

The kids went with my husband today and my oldest was totally in his element. And I guess they didn't have shoes in his size and let him bowl in his street shoes, so it was totally free. Hubby did make a contribution to the bar, of course. Bowling and beer go hand in hand, right?

Smiles galore today. Exactly what you want to see from your four year old when you ask, "How was your day?"

:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment